why use a freelance editor
—I mean, at all?
Not why use the-freelance-editor, in particular; but, why: Why would anyone need a freelance, or for-hire, editor—or even editorial services at all? Well, because, at one time or another (especially in the technology-centered world we now live in), most of us will likely need help getting words and information ready for publication—yes: publication!
Just think about all the “publishing” you actually do: carefully crafting e-mail messages; building profiles and posting information on social media sites; creating blog entries of your own or adding comments to the posts of others; sharing stories and jokes—and many of us still write everyday correspondence and memos and step-by-step instructions. These days, not all publishers are trained authors or professional writers—but you don’t need to be.
the-freelance-editor can provide your very own freelance—and professional—and experienced—researcher/fact-checker / ghostwriter / editor / proofreader—whether you need temporary help, occasional assistance, or long-term commitment. Yes, if you have a writing-related obstacle or challenge, we are ready to help you.
Still not convinced that you need a freelance editor? If you’re still debating, try answering some of these questions:
- Do you need help thinking through, outlining, or organizing a letter, a report, an article, a grant, a procedure, or a manuscript?
- Do you need editorial assistance and guidance, an objective reviewer, or just an open ear as you develop your writing project?
- Do you need direction with the “work” of writing: planning and scheduling your project; categorizing, filing, and retrieving information; creating a table of contents, an index, or a reference list?
- Do you need plain old writing assistance or editorial guidance in such areas as word choice, punctuation, grammar, and readability—the elements you want to be “perfect” for your readers, whether they be clients, a boss, or the editors at a publishing house?
- Do you need direction in refining your final product, to help it appear more polished and professional, or do you need help with instructional design and proofreading?
If you answered “yes” to (or hesitated on) any of these questions, you might need the-freelance-editor. If you don’t think you need us now, keep our information handy—You just never know when the time might come . . .
If you’re still not convinced, follow these links and read on . . .
- More specifically, what do we do?
- Our specialties:
Or, if you need to see some specific instances of how we might help . . .
Now that you have some ideas about why you might need or want a freelance editor (and even how we might specifically help you), get in touch. Our estimates are nonbinding and honored for up to sixty days. Plus, you get to keep and use any samples we produce whether we end up working together or not—you’re in charge! What do you have to lose?
the-freelance-editor, and the team we put together for you, will work
with you to help you say what you want to say to the audience you want to reach.
If you still have questions or concerns after exploring our site or if you’re ready to see how we can
work together to reach your goals, contact us—whenever you’re ready.
the online home of
As a professional freelance
editor (which means my services
are for hire by any person or
organization that needs them),
my goal, and the goal of my team,
is to collaborate with
you—the author, the originator,
the content writer—to reach your
(1) to say what you want to say
to the audience you want to reach
(2) to have your readers
concentrate on your message,
not your mistakes.
So, get in touch—you won’t
know how we can help you and
your team until you do!
or email or text, or
some other standard method
by facebook messenger
home | payments | privacy | terms | contact
© 1997–2023 by the-freelance-editor.com
Powered by WordPress (with no thanks to Gutenberg or the TwentyTwenty theme!)